A rare opportunity to join a leading international renewable technical advisory and asset manager. The Project Manager will actively support the construction of the projects on behalf of the Client, including the CDM and HSE regulations. The PM will be fully dedicated to these projects, leading the delivery of the services and paying regular visits to the construction sites as directed by the Client
- Representing VC at Client meetings and on calls
- Planning and resourcing workload on a weekly and longer-term basis
- Taking responsibility for managing and delivering the contract to the Client
- Liaising closely with the Engineering team in Madrid
- Ensuring that quality of deliverables is maintained, regardless of volume
- Taking steps to protect and limit the liability of VC where possible
- Being proactive in solving problems, on behalf of VC and the Client
- Liaising productively with designers, contractors, sub-contractors and site teams
- Asserting a strong technical, commercial and HSE position on behalf of VC and the Client
- Attending meetings with the Client and third parties to approve designs
- Review of technical documentation in relation to pre-construction and post-construction assessments
- Reviewing site inspection and other reports drafted by others
- Developing tools and templates to improve the efficiency of portfolio delivery
- Collaborating positively with the project team and other VC staff
- Reporting regularly on project progress to VC Management and to the Client
- Any other activity the PM can reasonably be asked to support with
- Site inspection activities
- Degree of Post graduate degree in appropriate engineering discipline.
- At least 3 year, preferable 5 years or more years of experience in construction of PV facilities
- Appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental training (working at height training and associated medical assessment would be an advantage although can be provided)
- Previous experience on operational facilities will be very good consider
- Ability to communicate through different stake holders and different audience
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office package, AutoCAD, MS Project and/or Primavera.
- Driving license.
- Used to work in an international environment and to interact with clients, contractors and local authorities.
- Site based during construction but availability for travel is required (office meetings, Factory visits…)
- SMST (valid for the period of the works)