about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager at a leading European Solar PV company with an established international presence.
- Coordinate and supervise construction works for solar projects in Spain and European countries.
- Be responsible for detailed project cost calculations and execution time schedules.
- Draft scope of works for subcontractors and run respective tender processes for their selection and appointment.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with subcontractors, including signing of milestone achievement certificates and variation orders.
- Coordinate subcontractors and provide expertise on site, handling on an ad hoc basis quality issues and reporting to the HQs in relation to project execution progress.
- Ensure implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Security measures on site, safeguarding integrity of workers and material.
- Comment on the project design, providing valuable feedback in relation to actual conditions on construction sites and lessons learned.
- Support the creation of the AsBuilt design package.
- Establish and maintain a network of international and local subcontractors.
- Coordinate the acceptance of completed projects and their handover to the plant management.
- You have a degree in engineering, ideally in electrical engineering.
- A post-graduate degree in project/construction management or similar will be considered an asset.
- You have several years of construction experience with international exposure.
- You have several years construction experience in the solar sector, preferably with utility scale free field plants.
- Beyond Spanish, you are business fluent in English, additional languages would be considered an asset.
- You are willing to undertake extensive, possibly longer, international business trips and stays abroad.