25 days ago
A dynamic new role has arisen with an established international Renewable Energy Developer who are seeking a Solar Project Development Manager to join their growing Australian operation.
You will be responsible for project managing all aspects of the development of utility scale solar projects specifically, with the potential of managing other forms of renewable projects too.
You will be involved in stakeholder management, site identification, land agreements, selection and screening of sites, environmental assessments, permitting and financial close of solar projects. You will frequently collaborate with peers in other teams across the company in Sydney and internationally
This is a great opportunity to join a global giant in the renewable energy sector in a strategically important position for the company
As Project Development Manager you will:
· Work towards solar project opportunities and manage the development of solar projects
· Prepare planning application and EIAs
· Negotiate and secure option and lease agreements
· Be responsible for project delivery, and lead various internal professionals in design, technical analysis, financial and commercial modelling and grid connection
· Oversee relationships with project stakeholders, including developers, service operators, local councils and suppliers.
· Ensuring HSQE procedures and managing health and safety legislation
Requirements from You:
· 3 year’s + project development management experience in the renewable energy sector
· Experience in the development of renewable energy projects in Australia
· Previous experience in Land securing, permitting and connection processes within Australia
· Ability to manage and delivery projects programmes and budgets
· Experience working with a multinational company
· A degree in a relevant field, engineering, legal, business, planning or environmental for example
· Flexibility to travel internationally when the need arises
· Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
· Good team working and team management skills