New York City
17 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company's new client are seeking candidates who are excited about working in a rapidly growing business in the renewable energy industry. The successful candidate will be join as an Associate or Associate Direcor of Technical Asset Management, responsible for leading and supporting activities required to manage solar and associated assets that are either fully operational or under construction.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, this individual will work directly with the in-house Asset Management team, broader teams in New York and internationally, and external service providers.
- Regularly review, analyze, and report on project-specific and portfolio-wide technical and financial performance, using internal and external resources, to identify, plan, and execute initiatives to implement continuous improvement initiatives and best practices. Address performance data requests and data troubleshooting from the team.
- Take lead to analyze data and performance issues across the portfolio to identify deficiencies, determine root causes and extent of condition across the portfolios, and prioritize/execute action plan to resolve and improve overall fleet performance.
- Drive performance improvements through ongoing reviews of the financial and operational performance of the portfolio of solar farms.
- Manage, produce, and deliver technical and financial operational reports for both internal team and external clients; and
- Monitor and analyze individual site and portfolio operational performance by reviewing daily and weekly operational status, production reports, and other online performance analytics and monitoring tools using key performance indicators to track safety performance, budget adherence, availability, energy delivery, and technical attributes.
- Provide administrative and managerial support to track and update asset management activities and priorities
- Support the creation of monthly/quarterly/annual corporate reports for investors & lenders.
- Proactively consider continuous improvement in relation to mapping data sources, flows, and reporting requirements for technical, operational, and financial data to review, maintain, and report. Identify gaps, issues, and improvements. Report to various stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Work with third-party asset management service and systems vendors to ensure data in performance management platforms are reliable at all times, and understand onboarding, data integrity, and data analysis using the tools and organizational processes they provide.
- Manage and review similar requirements and activities completed by asset managers for data sent from site SCADAs and other platforms into performance management platforms.
- Develop ad-hoc analysis and reports as necessary.
- Assist Asset Management team with other asset management responsibilities, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, technology, or science from an accredited institution
- Three to five years of experience in renewable energy industry (primarily in solar PV), focusing on technical performance analytics and asset management for solar PV
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of solar PV technology, solar power generation construction practices, site commissioning, and solar power generation system asset management, O&M, and life cycle management
- Detailed understanding and use of performance analytics and related tools and programs (including spreadsheets, performance system databases, and other data analytical tools) used to assess and estimate solar power generation site production and performance and interpretation of outputs derived from such tools (e.g., PVSyst)
- Solid experience with one or more Internet-based or enterprise asset management and performance monitoring platforms as well as local power generation SCADA systems
- Experience with performance improvement methodologies related to power generation and field operations