This opportunity is to join a fast growing, dynamic and nationwide renewable energy maintenance business. The company carries out work on solar farms throughout the UK, mainly in the South of England. We are seeking a new Full time Site Operative to work closely alongside the Operations Director to help drive the growth of the company’s Solar Farm Cleaning service. There is scope for progression to take on the full management of this service for an enthusiastic and passionate individual.
- Operating the Telehandler and Cleaning attachment on Large-scale solar farms in the UK.
- Operating the Reform Metrac H5X machines (Grass-cutting equipment)
- Work is on sites throughout the UK and as such you will be provided with hotel accommodation from Monday to Friday.
- Carry out regular inspections of the work being done.
- Reporting to management team
- Inspect and maintain the machinery.
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available.
- Coordinate with other contractors that may be on the site to ensure a safe working environment.
- All logistics and work involved with moving the equipment from one site to another (towing a trailer with equipment on).
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
- Clean driving license
- Category B+E driving license (Trailer license) preferred but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Good knowledge of machines in an agricultural setting.
- Telehandler experience/qualification (preferred although not essential).
- Some form of machinery operating experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, with a basic knowledge of word and excel.
- Excellent planning, organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Good at problem solving & decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail is essential is everything we do.
- Maintains a professional and consistent approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team.
- Driving license holder.
- Basic salary of £20,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
- Company 4x4 pickup truck
- £2000 annual bonus (paid quarterly)
- Pension benefit
- Casual dress + Bring your dog to work scheme
- Free travel
- Other benefits
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.