Up to £45,000
29 days ago
- Promote Health and Safety policies.
- Lead in Engineering activities for the origination, development, design, integration, operation, and decommissioning of PV projects.
- Manage Engineering activities in support of PV projects.
- Evaluate Energy Yield Assessments for Solar PV projects.
- Carry out technical assessments such site selection, layout design, component selection, and electrical design.
- Manage external engineers and consultants.
- Provide technical support to team members.
- Proactively gather, maintain and share an up to date knowledge of solar industry technical excellence and best practice.
- Conduct work activities in such a way that the highest standards of environmental protection are maintained.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Attend and contribute to regular meetings with relevant teams and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to the Design Manager.
- Review and acceptance of design studies, contractor designs, drawings, specifications, project plans, method statements, risk assessments, quality plans and other project documentation.
- Support the commissioning process for PV projects.
- Continuously improve assumed best practices.
- Develop engineering specifications procedures and support on other technologies.
· Inspiration - Ability to identify critical technical issues and use good judgement and decision making.
· Integrity - Honourable, trustworthy, fair, determined and resilient.
· Impact - Get results and make things happen. Influence and persuade at all levels. Nurture and develop team members.
· Involvement - Create a working environment of safety, autonomy and trust that supports, engages, develops, and motivates others.
· Excellent analytical thinking and capability to effectively present and communicate key findings and recommendations.
· Strong ability at building relationships and communicating with internal and external parties.
· Ability and drive to identify and realise opportunities for improvement.
· Ability to influence, negotiate and challenge internally and externally.
· High level of proficiency in English
· Good technical and engineering experience in the renewable industry.
· The post holder will be or will work towards being a subject matter expert in PV Engineering.
· Experience with tools such as PVsyst / PVSol.
· Knowledge of electrical design programs such as Amtech.
· Experience in solar yield evaluation, site selection and dealing with feasibility issues. Able to micro-site issues within the development process.
· Dealing with technical issues.
· Coordinating with Distribution Network Operators and National Grid in providing grid connections for generation developments.
· Commissioning, specification, design, construction, testing, and maintenance of renewable energy schemes.
· Preparing technical specifications and technical documents.
· Knowledge of H&S legislature and CDM regulations.
· Applicable engineering degree.
· High level Health and Safety Qualification.
· Chartered Engineer or working towards professional accreditation.