4 months ago
We are currently hiring for an experienced and talented Solar Project Engineer. An extensive understanding of electrical design and construction is essential. Candidates should bring a sense of enthusiasm for solar energy as well as a desire to be intimately involved with the business operation of start to finish projects!
- Activities include contracting, schedule management, design set review and implementation with third party engineers.
- Create preliminary site layouts including racking structures, equipment locations and single line diagrams.
- Create energy production models including shading scenes. • Ensure plan sets are compliant with permitting officials, utility interconnection plans and jurisdictional requirements • Conduct preliminary site assessment visits.
- Visit projects during active construction to ensure installation conforms to design standards.
- Procurement management including equipment selection in accordance with electrical design parameters, vendor negotiation, preliminary logistics management.
- Work closely with customers to ensure system design and project delivery meets expectations.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or comparable field.
- Three years’ experience in solar design, electrical engineering or similar field.
- Energy production modeling in PVSyst.
- CAD, Sketch Up and associated programs.
- Exposure to field engineering preferred.
- Experience with equipment selection, procurement.
- Organize critical path items from project inception through to commercial operation