$60K-$67K - 10% bonus + phone + computer per diem, no truck
24 days ago
**THIS ROLE IS SITE & SELF-PERFORM BASED, UP TO 100% TRAVEL ACROSS MULTIPLE STATES**
COMPANY OVERVIEW-MOSS CONSTRUCTION HQ IN SOUTH FLORIDA
THE #3 SOLAR EPC IN THE UNITED STATES
Our client is a national privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. With regional offices across the United States, they focus on construction management at-risk, design-build and public-private partnerships. The company’s diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education, justice, and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client engagement and employee development. Its employees consistently rank the company as one of the best places to work.
POSITION SCOPE AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT
This is a family-owned construction company with revenues exceeding $1.5B per year and growing. Our solar division provides turnkey, self-perform EPC services to premiere utilities and developers in the US. With offices in Florida, Texas, and Hawaii we are able to provide those services coast to coast. They need you to continue to build on its reputation as a leader and innovation driver in the utility scale solar industry.
We are currently seeking an entry level Solar Electrical Field Engineer to provide coordination, planning, and support to Electrical Assistant Superintendents and Electrical Superintendents, contractors, and craft activities on our large utility solar projects. Positive attitude and behavior are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The duties of a field engineer include piles production, racking-system erection, PV panel installation, electrical infrastructure – both above and below ground, quality assurance and control and more.
- The Solar Intern will be interacting with local authorities during the permitting phase.
- Lead self- perform crews in the field and reporting projects progress to the owner/client.
- Will reach out to engineers across the world for advice during the commissioning phase of the project, when it is time for the power plant to become operational.
- Shadow and participate in activities in the field.
- Work closely with Moss’ Solar team during the building process of the solar plant.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or renewable energy/ electrical engineering.
- 0 to 18 months internship experience in the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications.
- Be available to work full-time and relocate to the jobsite
60-67K - 10% bonus + phone + computer per diem, no truck