4 months ago
Join an exciting company driving the UK’s sustainability consultancy sector. Recognised as one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies in the UK, as featured in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100, this firm help companies to drive their sustainability goals, tackling energy, water and waste to cut costs and carbon.
- Working with both the M&A and asset management team from development to commissioning. This includes the technical due diligence for the potential acquisition of new construction projects, identifying and mitigating any risk to secure the project before investment decision is made.
- Responsibility for allocated construction projects, leading each project from initiation to Commercial Operations Date.
- Manage and liaise with internal and external stakeholders (external project managers, technical advisors, PD and PC, etc) to complete the project within constraints of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, health and safety.
- Contracts negotiation and management (Development Services Agreement, EPC, O&M, grid connection agreement, Owner’s Engineer scope and deliverables).
- Site inspections for feasibility study, construction monitoring and post-construction controls.
- Review of external reporting and providing concise internal reporting on project status and high-risk issues that may need to be escalated with senior management and C-Suite.
- Post construction administration and adequate handover of the project to the asset manager.
- 10 years' experience of working within a power / construction industry and or development in UK would be advantageous but is not a requirement.
- Previous experience of managing multiple projects, working with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of managing EPC contractors and their sub-contractors, particularly in solving complex design and technical challenges and making required changes happen.
- Ability to understand contractual issues relating to projects including EPC / O&M, grid connection agreements, leases, wayleaves / easements.
- Sound understanding of UK health and safety requirements (including CDM Regulations 2015).
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and reports.
- A high degree of ownership and responsibility of the tasks assigned.
- Analytical thinker with a pragmatic approach and problem solving.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to work under pressure and deal with shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of project risk management, cost control and reporting.
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite, including project management tools.
- Right to work in the UK.