about 1 year ago
A leading renewable energy development company is seeking a Site Manager who will oversee the operations of one of their utility scale solar farms in Australia. This is an office-based role, whereby you will be providing remote assistance to the site team, with travel once a week to site. This role will mainly focus on the site-based activities of EPC and O&M contractors on the project.
Alongside the business’ brand-new asset management team, you will manage and lead the daily operation of solar energy projects. You will assist the Project Manager to deliver EPC and Grid Contracts and you will have a major focus on the operational transition. It’s possible that you will take on new site responsibilities as the client portfolio grows including wind and other solar projects.
During the operational phase, your responsibilities will be as follows:
· Regular reporting, SCADA analysis, maintenance and repair analysis, management of unplanned outages, as well as any other requirement for operational sites.
· Supervise site-based activities and lead on-site contractors for a productive, and safe working environment
· Oversee the work of contractors, meeting regularly to discuss ongoing performance
· Manage safe and reliable O&M in accordance with agreed contracts, operating plans and budgets.
· Manage staff and subcontractors in performing O&M on site according to the Contract.
· Ensure facility repairs and restarts after plant outages or equipment faults.
· Coordinate, communicate and comply with stakeholders regarding the grid, production, contractual, regulatory and outage issues.
· Understand electrical testing and diagnostics for both LV and HV systems and substations.
· Use asset management tools to create regular periodic reports and in-depth analysis.
· Read, understand, interpret and negotiate complicated contracts
· Manage contractor performance, safety and quality as required.
· Manage, complete or assist with NER compliance reports
· Ensure that team are working in accordance with HSQE
· Maintain databases of faults and maintenance/performance issues.
· Review and manage the performance guarantee calculations according to the O&M Contracts
· Ensure strong coordination and communication between various site teams.
· Alert relevant parties of emerging faults and issues, required maintenance, or retrofits.
· Identify and appraise plant improvement opportunities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
· Renewable energy O&M experience with 4+ years of experience in solar energy
· Technical Engineering background
· Knowledge of industry standards, HSE, environmental/safety, and NER regulations.
· Renewable Energy Operations Contract awareness
· Excellent communication skills
· HS&E procedures management and compliance
· Knowledge of energy markets and market procedures.
· Experience interacting with local utilities. Experience managing, troubleshooting, and working with solar SCADA systems.