3 months ago
My client is one of the markets leader’s in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, theyprovide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
They are currently looking for a Service Technician to join their operations team in the South West. The role will require the succesful candidate to travel around the outh West Region, servicing and mainting the clients fleet of turbines.
- Climbing Wind Turbines
- Produce all necessary paper and computerised reports for supervisors and management on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure completion of all electrical maintenance schedules on time.
- Fault finding and reporting on electrical equipment
- Installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Ensure that there is good communication between yourself, indoor technicians and the service dispatch coordinator and all issue are reported promptly for rectification
- Maintain the highest standards of work and courtesy when dealing with customers
- Assist in mechanical maintenance as and when require
- Carry out necessary work with 35KV (High voltage) switching and perform any duty surrounding HV and any time at the request of the Company
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Ensure there is full coverage and support for weekend working and cover. This could be in any part of the UK and on-call is expected to be worked when required by the Company
- Be prepared to travel and stay for durations for 2/3 weeks away from your private residence if necessary
- When and where necessary, travel to other sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
- Level 3 Qualification in a relevant associated subject
- Preferebally have an engineering degree
- Experience in Heavy Machinery, Manufacturing or an engineering background