Excellent plus Bonus and Benefits
about 2 years ago
My client is a large International Wind Developer. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Wind Analyst to work across multiple regions. This position will support their projects worldwide; the position requires at least 3 years’ experience in wind analysis and will require significant international travel. The role will work closely with regional development and commercial teams. The role location will be Dublin.
- Wind farm turbine layout design and solar farm design.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological stations (including LiDAR units). Management of Health and Safety for these activities.
- Analysis and reporting of site measurements including meteorological masts, SoDAR and LiDAR.
- Overseeing the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy and lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines.
- Management and review of third party energy production reports, ensuring optimal service from suppliers.
- Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar equipment suppliers regarding technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Reviewing of data, energy production reports and site conditions reports for potential acquisition sites.
- Contribution to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development, including development and continuous improvement of standards, tools and procedures in use in the EAG for conducting internal energy estimates.
- Support the maintenance and development of the EAG’s in-house data management and analysis system (using Python/Django).
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- This role requires a minimum of 3 years of pre-construction Wind Analysis experience, preferably across a range of markets;
- Wind analysis and project design experience essential; solar experience an advantage, however training can be given.
- Operational wind farm analysis experience an advantage.
- Experience working for a lenders’ advisor, OEM supplier, developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
- Programming/software development experience an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer and AWS Openwind. PVsyst or other related solar resource assessment software is an advantage.
- Experience with CFD wind flow models an advantage.
- Fluency in English. Other languages are an advantage.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum.
- Willingness to travel internationally a requirement.
- Full clean driving licence.