11 months ago
Great opportunity for a technically gifted individual to join a major renewable IPP and assist on a large portfolio of projects in Ireland and elsewhere internationally.
- Participate in interactions with turbine suppliers to ensure best market knowledge.
- Provide technical support to projects under development, construction and operations.
- Technical lead in due diligences of potential acquisitions.
- Prepare and quality assure technical specifications in wind turbine tenders.
- Technical lead during procurement processes.
- Follow up on wind turbine deliveries during construction.
- Support other units in business as required with Technical competence and understanding.
- Manage technical disciplines in a project such as WTG, civil, electro, SCADA etc.
- Attend site visits, FAT and other factory tests as required.
- Flexibility in terms of travel and mobility.
- Masters, university degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar with documented extensive experience in the field.
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant work experience in wind projects development and construction.
- Strong understanding of the development process for wind projects, including constraints analysis, grid connection processes and permitting process.
- Clear affinity with renewables and an excellent knowledge of wind turbine suppliers and wind turbine models is an advantage.
- Commercial acumen and understanding of renewable energy business models and cost of energy drivers.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with demonstrated ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company with relevant stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter with a clear ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.