about 1 year ago
Senior Structural/Wind Turbines Specialist
My client are a consultancy who operate globally across the offshore wind field. They are one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology.
They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Structural/Wind Turbines Specialist to join their team in the UK.
They would like someone to be based in Aberdeen or Southampton preferred, but can be UK flexible.
Some travel to Aberdeen would be required if you are not based there.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Carry out design appraisal/certification activities with respect to offshore wind turbine structures in compliance with specified rules, codes, Regulations, standards, and specifications within agreed the parameters which would include budget and contractual requirements.
- Skilled in performing complex load assessments for on and offshore wind turbines using software such as Bladed or FAST;
- Mentoring junior employees
- Offer expert advice/solutions and training to internal/external clients
- Supporting internal and external audits
- To represent the business on technical committees for certification bodies and contribute to research projects with universities or joint industry projects;
- Assisting in the development of technical guidance notes
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Maths or Physics. Chartership would be preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in using industry software for load analysis of wind turbines (Bladed preferred, HAWC2, Flex5, FAST or major OEM commercial software also acceptable) it would be preferable if the wind turbines worked on were on floating platforms
- Experience of running offshore wind calculations according to IEC 61400-3 or other similar standards
- Knowledge of metocean conditions, data collection, data processing, hind casts for fixed and floating structures
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of IEC 61400-22 and/or IECRE certification scheme.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic environment, a truly diverse team and be involved in some of the most interesting projects. Please apply here if you are interested.