almost 3 years ago
A leading multinational renewable energy developer is seeking a Senior Strategy Analyst to work as part of their commercial team based in Sydney. This company are truly a global player with a first-class reputation in renewable energy in Australia and internationally.
As Senior Strategy Analyst you will ensure that the business cases for new commercial renewable energy opportunities are consistent, accurate and based on an informed risk profile. You will take ownership and drive the process from the idea / concept stage to final approval.
You will also lead in ensuring that the business’ knowledge base of emerging offtake opportunities (Power Purchase Agreements) and other route to market strategies is informed, structured and proactive.
You will pro-actively manage assigned tasks, drive strategic analysis, draw key insights and effectively communicate the findings to enable sound financial decision making. The work will focus on established business streams of utility-scale wind and Solar PV and battery storage.
· Shape the strategic agenda and develop compelling arguments, translating these into a high-quality dialogue with the business and presentations for a board level audience.
· Support the business teams on the interpretation of policy changes with a view to understand the possible valuation impacts on potential deals / portfolio assessments.
· Maintain and challenge the assumptions used in investment cases and business plans.
· Perform due diligence and feasibility studies for new business activities & acquisition opportunities (focused on understanding the political, economic and commercial risks)
· Ensure business cases for new business streams and route to market opportunities are consistent, accurate and decisions on investment are made on the best information
· Use exceptional business and communication skills to translate insights into action.
· Ensure the companies’ knowledge base of possible routes to market (both financial and structural) is proactive, informed and structured.
· Understand the key contractual terms and drivers of a Power Purchase Agreement.
· Lead the commercial discussions with off-takers until key terms have been agreed.
Skills and experience required:
Board level verbal and written communication skills,
· Ability to influence effectively
· Business planning and business valuation
· Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
· Project management / delivery
· Ability to take the initiative on new business ideas
· Experience of using analytical techniques
· Ability to manage complex projects to tight timescales and to balance.
· Experience in the low carbon sector in Australia
· Project finance experience ideally
· Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics