Depending on experience
almost 3 years ago
A leading Solar EPC company in Melbourne are seeking a Senior Solar Engineer who will provide first class engineering input for commercial and industrial clients across Australia.
As Senior Solar Engineer it will be your job to communicate with clients, sub-contractors and associated onsite project teams and stakeholders to ensure that the company meets its contracted obligations.
You will display a high level of initiative, problem-solving ability and leadership to satisfy internal and external clients’ demands in an efficient manner. You will be a Chartered Engineer with both RPEQ and NER status and you will possess strong technical and commercial acumen. You will ideally possess Solar PV engineering expertise, but the company are also interested in Chartered Electrical Engineers who are interested in working in the renewable energy sector.
· Provide engineering Sign-Offs (RPEQ / NER) for behind-the-meter solar PV projects in Queensland and Western Australia; remotely and on site
· Manage and deliver technical advisory projects for clients that are complex from either a technical and/or commercial perspective.
· Technical project lead, with support from other engineers
· Client management – project updates, issues resolution etc
· Assign project resources (internal & external) and track progress
· Arrange delivery of project related equipment and subcontractor services
· Project invoicing, cost control and tracking (fixed-fee and hourly rates)
· Prepare proposals for engineering services, equipment and commissioning for clients
· Develop the offer for complex and large commercial solar PV projects:
· Standardise the engineering approach for large and complex C&I projects
· Prepare customised proposals for engineering services, equipment and commissioning for clients
· Create and improving standard technical documentation and engineering practices.
Key skills required:
- CP Eng; RPEQ & NER Status
- Experience in the Australian energy markets
- 4 years + experience working in an electrical engineering field
- Experience in the solar PV sector as an electrical engineer preferred but not essential
- General appreciation of Solar PV and / or Inverter Energy Systems
- Skilled at Technical and Economic Assessment
- Capable of reviewing and interpreting project technical documents
- Client interfacing; professional communications
- Internal and external project team management and motivation
- Schedule and budget management
- Degree qualification in engineering