$100,000 - $150,000
7 months ago
A superb solar and storage IPP from Europe looks to continue to it's huge success is the United States by adding a Project Manager for Pre-Construction and Construction activity. With a pipeline of 1.8GW in US and nearly a GW of PPA agreements underway, this utility scale developer are on track to become a huge player and contributor to the fight against climate change. They are looking to leverage many years of expertise and success across the globe as the USA becomes their primary target.
As Project Manager, you will initially focus on the management and coordination of the pre-construction phases of solar (pv) and energy storage projects, eventually transitioning into management of the construction, interconnection and commissioning phases. You will be reporting directly to the President of the company.
- Coordinate, manage, and lead the pre-construction process, including estimating, engineering, interconnection review, optimization, procurement and overall planning toward project execution
- Assist the President in defining strategy, vision and internal processes
- Develop subcontractor/partner selection strategies, drive technical, optimization and commercial solutions
- Review and challenge cost estimates, risks and opportunities, contingencies and margins
- Manage EPC contract negotiations, ensuring profitability and risk profiles are maintained
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure adequate resources are assigned to project buyout and execution
- Oversee all aspects of the interconnection process and ensure project realization aligns with conditions defined in permits/ entitlements
- Drive creativity and innovation in all aspects of pre-construction and construction activities
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in construction of energy related projects, ideally in Renewables, Solar, Storage or Wind preferred.
- Experience of pre-construction preparation activity is essential for pulling projects from late stage development into construction and operations.
- Demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary management and teams
- Proven ability to negotiate and execute utility-scale renewable energy EPC contracts in excess of $20 million
- Understanding of project management control systems with 5+ years of project and/or construction management experience and 2+ years in the utility, renewable energy or large-scale construction industry
- Field construction experience preferred
- Clear ability to understand, evaluate and mitigate risk before and during construction
- Preparation and management of EPC project schedules, utilizing critical path method, baseline tracking, and resource loading