4 months ago
TGRC are working with a company who excel in the identification, design, development, construction and operation of onshore wind energy. With seven operational wind farms which are owned and operated by the Company, along with other projects which are under construction, in planning or being developed. The company have a project portfolio of over 1GW of clean, green power.
The company are expanding our Project Development team and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our existing team, based at our Head Office to deliver onshore wind farms in the UK.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Leadership of our existing team to identify, assess, design and develop proposals for onshore wind farm sites;
- Identification of potential new sites and development of these through prescoping,scoping and planning and post-planning ready for handover to our internal civil and technical teams;
- Project Management and overseeing of the evolution and development of our current wind farm sites already in the planning system and advancing them through to successful determination;
- Working with the team and independent advisers and consultants on projects which are the subject of a Public Inquiry, or the Appeal process;
- Meetings and correspondence with all stakeholders including Landowners, Local Planning Authorities, Energy Consents Unit, Statutory and Non-statutory Consultees, Councillors and Community Councils and residents from local host communities;
- Liaising with external consultants to ensure EIA assessments and reports areundertaken and delivered, including critical analysis of the results to identify and rectify potential issues;
- Liaising with legal professionals regarding landowner agreements, legal agreements and documentation;
- Land searches, and negotiation with relevant parties;
- Preparation and issue of drawings produced using GIS
- Turbine layout designs using ReSoft Windfarm and infrastructure design/technical drawings using AutoCAD;
- Preparation, review and submission of EIA Reports and accompanying documents for planning applications;
- Preparation, review and submission of documentation required for the discharge of pre-commencement planning conditions;
- Effective communication with Projects Director, Board of Directors and team members to meet project programme deadlines.
- The successful candidate will have a degree in renewable energy, or similar relevant subject as a minimum;
- At least 5 years’ experience of working as a Project Manager, preferably at a senior level, within the onshore wind energy sector, ideally for another wind farm developer;
- Proven track record of identifying, designing, developing and delivering onshore wind farms in the UK;
- Experienced at using the following software: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, WindFarm;
- Knowledge and experience of the onshore wind energy industry in Scotland is preferable, with experience of working on S36 applications;
- Experience of managing a team of staff to ensure all can set and meet their goals and project deadlines;
- Excellent report writing skills and documentation reviewing skills;
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and hands on approach to design and develop wind farm proposals;
- A sound commercial background and the ability to recognise and deliver the best interests of the Company;
- Excellent organisation and communications skills along with excellent people skills as the successful candidate will deal with a variety of different audiences;
- Excellent IT skills and confident at providing presentations.