United States of America
about 1 year ago
TGRC have partnered with a Global Engineering Consultancy specialising in Renewable Energy to source and select a very experienced Senior Project Manager for Offshore Wind. The business support their clients in their efforts to develop and operate energy projects that achieve the best possible return on investment.
Responsible for project management leadership of large-scale, complex renewable energy projects in Offshore Wind.
You will work with collaborative and deeply experienced colleagues across the company to support the development, construction, and management of renewable energy projects across North America.
- Act as primary client interface on assigned projects, exemplifying commitment to service, communication, collaboration and high performance.
- Hands-on leadership and participation in projects spanning the full scope of service offerings: Project Origination; Owners Engineering; Due Diligence; Engineering; and Project Management Services. While your immediate focus will be project management of a particular large-scale project, during your career you may wear different hats depending on the project scope.
- Provide holistic leadership and program management of client’s projects, lending your technical and professional expertise to each engagement.
- Define the resources required for successful project outcomes; coordinate internal and external resources and lead project teams based on the needs of each project.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with a strict adherence to safety and quality. Build and manage relationships with clients, contractors, vendors, and other project-related staff.
- Effectively communicate across various project stakeholders.
- Develop relationships across the global team of consultants; effectively lead dispersed and cross functional internal project teams.
- Develop contract packages including scope of work, responsibility matrix, technical exhibits, and documentation requirements.
- Review engineering and construction documentation, including plans and specifications, reports, construction submittals, test documentation, construction job books and QA/QC documentation.
- Support the development of the North American customer base and represent the company in meetings with potential and current clients, including contributing to proposal development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience in project management within the energy sector.
- Recent lead project management experience of large-scale, technically complex projects under construction in an off-shore environment (wind, oil & gas, hydro-electric).
- Recent experience coordinating and leading projects teams numbering 200+ individuals.
- Proven knowledge of the performance and success drivers relevant to power project design, development, construction, and operation.
- High level of proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Legal authorization to live and work in the United States.