2 months ago
This is a great opportunity to work with a fast-growing and dynamic business with a strong pipeline of utility-scale battery storage projects. The client is looking for a (Senior) Project Manager to oversee the construction of their flagship battery storage projects which will be implemented this year.
- Define and create company's Project Management processes and reporting mechanism
- Internal co-ordinator to bring project towards implementation. The Project Manager will be aware of all activities and workstreams conducted by the team and sub-contractors and seek resources when and where required (i.e. EPC contract closure, Technical Advisor support for key milestones, inputs form National Grid, etc.)
- Pre-implementation project due-diligence (site visit and survey) to identify project constructions risks and actions required ahead of construction.
- Liaise with Head of Planning to meet pre-conditions on time.
- Review the technical, planning, grid and legal documentation related to the projects to ensure there is consistency and in case coordinate the different department to obtain such consistency
- Identify and liaise with all the stakeholders involved making sure requirements are capture in the scope of work
- Verify the scope of work is completely covered and there is no gaps or overlapping activities among the contractors
- Liaise with utilities (e.g. National Grid, DNO, telecom) for eventual cables relocation
- Secure telecom contract and connection for site communications
- Manage programmes to coordinate timely site access, equipment delivery, construction works.
- Regular supervision of construction progression on site
- Liaising with third party (e.g. equipment supplier, National Grid, construction contractor, ACE) project managers to drive the project delivery
- Keep track of all third party contracts milestones, invoices and documents/drawings reception
- Ensure the land lease terms, wayleaves and easements are respected
- Call-in company engineering team member and external Technical Advisor for key project milestones (e.g. foundations, FAT, design approval, testing and commissioning).
- Overall project budget management (for information > £ 20m per 50 MW project)
- Conduct regular H&S audits on behalf of company as Client role under CDM
- Weekly report to Engineering Team
- Management of documents/drawings collection on company data room.
- Project Manager experienced in delivery multi-MW energy projects in the UK
- Strong experience required from the “client side” (i.e. investor or developer rather than EPC contractor)
- The delivery of previous projects should have built the ideal candidate skills in understanding, reviewing and overseeing key aspects of the land lease option, planning compliance, grid connection processes on top of the management of the EPC contractor, equipment supplier as well as local neighbours and parishes
- Projects reference of transmission connect projects (i.e. at National Grid) would a plus
- Leadership to impose company timeline, quality and H&S requirements
- Excellent organisation communications skills
- Desire to join a fast growing company with a large pipeline of innovative projects
- A passion for a business that has a deep social mission and passion for “doing things right”
- Motivation to participate in shaping the future of the electricity market, the electricity network and seed the future of the EV revolution.
- Permit to work in the UK.