2 months ago
Senior Project Manager
- Client interface on assigned projects, exemplifying commitment to service, communication, collaboration and high performance.
- Lead projects spanning the full scope of service offerings: Project Origination; Owners Engineering; Due Diligence; Engineering; and Project Management Services. While your immediate focus will be project management of a particular large-scale project. You may wear different hats depending on the project scope.
- Provide leadership and program management of client’s projects, lending your technical and professional expertise to each engagement.
- Define resources required for successful project outcomes; coordinate internal and external resources and lead project teams based on the needs of each project.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with a strict adherence to safety and quality.
- Manage relationships with clients, contractors, vendors, and other project-related staff.
- Communicate across various project stakeholders.
- Build relationships across the global team of consultants; effectively lead dispersed and cross-functional internal project teams.
- Create contract packages including scope of work, responsibility matrix, technical exhibits, and documentation requirements.
- Review engineering and construction documentation, including plans and specifications, reports, construction submittals, test documentation, construction job books and QA/QC documentation.
- Support the development of the North American customer base and represent in meetings with potential and current clients, including contributing to proposal development
- Approximately 20% travel
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (required)
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on experience in project management within the energy sector.
- Project management experience of large-scale, technically complex projects under construction in an off-shore environment (wind, oil & gas, hydro-electric).
- Experience with coordinating and leading projects teams numbering 200+ individuals.
- Proven capability to build relationships and communicate effectively across disparate stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the performance and success drivers relevant to power project design, development, construction, and operation.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Client service mindset; focused on building long-term relationships and serving as a valued advisor
- Strong analytical skillset and technical acumen, with deep problem-solving skills
- Deep strategic planning, process, and organizational skills
- Ability to balance the long-term, strategic roadmap with a strong attention to detail
- Effective people manager, motivating teams to succeed
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently
- Comfort with working in a client- and project-driven environment, with a wide variety of projects and fluctuating workloads over time
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written