Up to £60,000
almost 2 years ago
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a cutting edge department of a reputable multinational automotive company looking to expand their work in Electric Vehicle Charging and Connected Car innovation
A reputable automotive multinational that has a history of leading the way in sustainable vehicles and automotive innovation.
The company has a small dedicated team that lead the way in original projects that are later rolled out across their global area of operations.
The job entails research, development and proving of electric vehicle based power technologies and how it fits in the wider eco system from energy generation/ distribution
- Act as the energy expert aware of energy management covering grid connections and vehicle to grid technology.
- Conduct research relating to design, test and deployment of Electric power technologies relating to EVs.
- Research and identification of new and emerging energy technologies
- Technical writing of Features & Specification
- Work with cross-functional, multi-site teams
- Occasional overseas travel may be required.
- University Degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and proven experience of Energy markets within EU in power generation/ distribution
- Knowledge of battery technology, electric vehicle energy storage systems, charging systems and power delivery.
- Knowledge of AC and DC systems (LV and HV), power electronics, bi directional AC/DC conversion
- Proven knowledge of project management handling multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of PLC systems, programing skills, control system design and assembly is desirable.
- Self-motivated, flexible and can-do attitude