7 months ago
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
- Coordinates with EPC, Owner’s Engineer, and Customer on all technical issues related to execution of power projects.
- Manages planning, setup and monitoring of the project systems (e.g. kick-offs, MDL,
- DOR, contract deviation list), inter-discipline workflows and coordination of design
- activities through engineering disciplines as well as resolution of inter-disciplinary issues.
- Knowledgeable on Contract requirements and supports the translation of the scope of work
- to the discipline engineering teams.
- Manages schedules, budgets and estimates through completion to ensure the project
- finishes on time and within budget. Leads periodic reviews of engineering execution
- schedule and budget, expediting of engineering teams (e.g. two-week deliverables lookahead), escalation of needs (e.g. action items and hot lists) and reporting of project technical delivery status (e.g. monthly reports).
- Supports Project Managers in tracking and compiling any design or specification changes
- and their resultant impacts (e.g. ECNs and contract deviations).
- Defines problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Conducts regular meetings with international affiliated companies to ensure successful
- project implementation.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers,
- Knowledge of project management (e.g. MS Projects), spreadsheet (e.g. MS Excel), word
processing (e.g. MS Words), electronic mail (e.g. MS Outlook), 3D graphics (e.g.
- SmartPlant/PDMS), and technical diagrams/flow charts (e.g. MS Vision).
- Ability to perform multi-tasks and multidisciplinary communication.
- Reviews and comments, as required, on project documents and drawings to meet
contractual obligations for document flow.
- Assists in the specification, bid analysis, vendor selection, and capacity assessment for
- MHPSA sourced equipment for Gas Turbine and Combined Cycle Projects.
- Maintains familiarity with engineering codes as they apply to Combustion Turbines and
- Auxiliary equipment, including but not limited to, ASME, ANSI, AWS, API, ASTM, NFPA and NEC.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly related technical experience
- Experience should not be less than ten (10) years
Desirable But Not Required:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- P.E. license.
- Knowledge of SP3D software.
- Experience with ISO procedures and OSHA safety requirements.
- International business experience desirable.
- Japanese language fluency and/or Spanish language fluency