Join a worldwide advisory firm in the renewable sector, looking to expand their services in Solar, Wind and Storage in South Africa. This position can be based in either Cape Town OR Johannesburg.
- Manage Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for solar projects and portfolios.
- Compile and complete reports and summarize key results and conclusions. Ensure a quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations. Integrate all review sections from multi-disciplinary teams and ensure that technical and commercial analysis is consistent throughout sections.
- Prepare proposals detailing scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion.
- Work with internal resources, associate project managers, and project managers. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Mentor and train junior staff and assume responsibility for the internal growth of the team.
- Manage and schedule internal resources. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed. Engage clients and internal staff to develop creative solutions to meet client needs; provide exceptional customer service with a focus of growing client relationships.
- Prepare communication plan and related project status reports. Facilitate and lead regular status meetings with internal project team, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Review of project contracts and financial models.
- Perform site visits during construction and operation and perform monthly construction monitoring site visits to review progress against technical specifications, budget and milestone schedule. Compile and review site visit reports and monthly construction monitoring reports.
- Guide the business strategy and development for the due diligence team.
- Minimum appropriate University degree in an engineering subject.
- At least 4 years experience in the renewables industry in a technical consulting capacity.
- Previous demonstrable experience in performing due diligence activities.
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally.