Depending on experience
about 1 year ago
A multinational Solar PV company are seeking a Senior Project Development Manager to initiate the development arm of their business in Australia. This is a pioneering role for an experienced senior solar professional to take a lead on utility scale solar project development across Australia
With the international backing of a leading industry business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious senior renewable energy professional to take on a challenging role and help build a reputable division in a vibrant marketplace
This role can be based from Sydney or Melbourne depending on candidate location
As Senior Project Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
· Identify prospective projects with suitable solar resource, electric transmission access, and site characteristics
· Create and manage project development budgets and estimates
· Liaise with government officials, retailers, grid operators and partners.
· Identify opportunities and visit project sites when required.
· Early stage negotiations with partners and government.
· Initiate meetings with clients, banks, equity partners.
· Provide bi-weekly report with market status and project updates.
· Work with internal resources, such as the Legal, Engineering, Project Finance and EPC teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience in Solar PV industry.
· Ability to quickly come up to speed on the basics of a variety of subjects relating to solar energy, including solar studies, environmental and cultural studies, transmission issues, public relations, public policy, sales, and civil and electrical engineering.
· Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.