16 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with a market leading European renewable energy developer, owner and operator who are currently expanding their international presence.
The company are consistently ranked as a top renewable developer and are in a significant growth stage. There are 500 employees globally and the company own and operate renewable energy projects across Europe and the Americas. They are currently hiring for their team in Madrid.
The CEO has grown an M&A team in Madrid and now requires a Senior Developer who can oversee projects from site identification through the entire development and construction phase. The investment strategy is to acquire early-stage projects and drive project development with internal and external partners. The investment strategy includes onshore wind, solar PV and other renewable technologies.
As a result of the extended growth phase, the company are seeking an experienced Project Developer to help deliver the new project pipeline and support Senior team with valuation, due diligence, deal structuring and transaction execution.
This person needs to have extensive development experience for wind and solar projects in Europe. Ideally this professional will also have LATAM experience (Chile, Panama would be interesting).
Reporting to the CEO of the European Office, the main responsibilities of the role will be:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifying Project and Partnership opportunities within the region to help grow pipeline;
- Prospecting large sites for solar PV and wind projects;
- Managing development process for secured projects. participating due diligence procedure to assess development status;
- Researching on local grid status and availability and liaise with DNOs;
- Negotiating on key contracts and transactions;
- Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing;
- Supporting on basic financial analysis for negotiation and investment decision;
- Presenting projects to the internal investment committees;
- Managing local development partners, providing supervision to the local specialist team on secure land, obtain permits and other related subcontractor management)
- Understanding basic Legal frameworks and regulations for renewable energy projects development.
Profile and requirements
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Finance with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the related field
- With a track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre- & post consent stage up to financial close.
- A thorough understanding of the commercial/environmental/regulatory challenges facing all stages of renewable energy project development.
- Financial modelling skills is a plus
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy plants (design, yield assessment, grid connection, construction/procurement) is important
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Please submit your CV to email@example.com for immediate review