6 months ago
Great opportunity for a Senior Project Development Manager to join a leading European IPP and manage solar and wind development activities throughout Iberia.
- Identify and originate project development opportunities on behalf of the business to grow a pipeline of solar PV and Wind projects throughout the Iberia region.
- Perform technical/financial due diligence assessments, lead deal structuring and handle commercial negotiations with local developers for greenfield development engagements and sourcing of brownfield opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of the renewable portfolio including M&A, own/co-developments until RtB status and lend support to internal teams in preparation for construction until COD.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors, etc, and land-owners.
- Coordinate various business channels alongside other internal departments such as Commercial, Engineering, Legal, Procurement, etc. across wider project chain.
- Ensuring economic viability of projects / pipeline opportunities (Managing internal approval processes)
Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Strong experience related to the greenfield development process for solar PV and wind farm projects in Spain (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Iberian electricity market including interaction with grid operators and experience handling Spanish and Portuguese regulation and development roadmaps.
- Demonstrated understanding working with solar PV and Wind technologies and costs (e.g. panels, WTGs BOS, EPC, O&M) as well as a basic understanding of ancillary technologies (e.g. batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.).