9 months ago
A leading Australian renewable energy developer and investment company are seeking a Senior Project Development Manager to join their growing team in either their Sydney or Brisbane offices. With a strong pipeline of utility scale Solar PV and Storage projects under development, this is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, proactive, creative and energetic development professional to be a senior figure in this company’s development team
As Senior Project Development Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
· Lead the pipeline of renewable and storage projects for the company
· Lead, review and challenge site assessment reports, lead or support negotiations
· Drive the development of the current pipeline of projects
· Site identification for future renewable energy and storage projects
· Identify new opportunities for the business including greenfield, brownfield, and acquisition opportunities.
· Provide leadership in the progress of the project pipeline for the business
· Work and build strong relationships with key stakeholders including AEMO, Network Operators, Consultants, Contractors, and Equipment suppliers
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
· A seasoned senior professional with experience in the development of renewable and storage projects in Australia
· Strong general management skills and proven leadership ability
· Experience in managing key stakeholder groups
· Experience in the negotiation of agreements, permits and approvals
· Previous involvement in management of grid capabilities
· An understanding of the processes and systems associated site development from initiation to operation
· Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with stakeholder groups.
· Strong entrepreneurial instincts
· Competent when dealing with quality standards, technical specifications and regulatory requirements.
· A relevant academic background in a relevant field