about 1 year ago
A growing engineering consultancy, who provide services to large scale wind, solar and battery projects are seeking a Senior Power Systems Engineer for their Central Melbourne office. With an increasing list of assignments, this is an exciting stage of the company’s journey. As Senior Power Systems Engineer you will have a can-do attitude who can adapt and flourish in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving work environment.
As Senior Power Systems Engineer, you will:
· Conduct technical studies and power system simulations across the grid connection process from feasibility to commissioning of renewable energy projects.
· Write technical reports, presentations and supporting documents for clients
· Maintain and develop computer programming for power systems analysis
· Provide technical expertise, leadership and mentoring to junior employees
· Establish an external network allowing for the development of business opportunities
· Identify and lead improvements to tools and procedures
· Support the wider team in preparing proposals, conducting commercial negotiations and closing deals.
· Support and take leadership in expanding existing business capabilities and building new business capabilities.
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering
· 4+ years’ industry experience in a power systems consultancy or electricity supply company
· Experience with power systems analysis related to grid connection of large-scale renewable energy projects in Australia
· Strong understanding of National Electricity Rules
· Experience in power system simulation software PowerFactory PSS/E, & PSCAD
· Ability to code in software such as C++, Python, MatLab (ideally)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills