4 months ago
An impressive Australian renewable energy company are seeking a Senior Power Systems Engineer to lead their power systems team in Melbourne. As Senior Power Systems Engineer you will be the primary technical contact for Power System Modelling and will lead the utility scale power system modelling team with power system modelling for grid connections
Your Responsibilities include:
· System concept design (Primary & Secondary Design)
· Power system modelling using PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory & PSS/SINCAL
· Steady-State Analysis (Load Flow / Short Circuit Studies)
· Dynamic Analysis (Transient Response / Control System Analysis)
· Preparation of DNSP Grid Connection application documents and technical reports
· Interface with product suppliers for technical information
· Interface with clients and NSPs/AEMO for information gathering and technical discussions
· Design, document and deliver renewable energy (primarily solar PV) low and medium voltage infrastructure/equipment project.
· Maintain the Power System modelling software packages licenses and maintenance agreements ensuring all software is up-to date and properly maintained
· Resolve all hardware / software conflicts with the Power system modelling software.
· Collect relevant engineering information for Power System modelling / PV systems / grid connection schemes.
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
· Degree qualification in electrical engineering with 5+ years’ work experience.
· Understanding of Electricity Distribution Systems and Power System Software (PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory & PSS/SINCAL).
· Understanding of National Electricity Rules (NER) and working of various NSPs in Australia.
· Ability to interpret power system analysis results.
· Understanding of aspects related to Project Management.
· Ability to make electrical design decisions and recommendations.
· Eligibility to live and work in Australia
· Logical problem solver and decision maker.