Up to £75,000 + bonus
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a world leading independent expert in assurance and risk management, which operates in more than 100 countries. They provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, they help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place in the energy industry.
Do you want to be involved and make a difference in the realisation of the energy transition? Do you want to support our customers develop and deliver successful strategies as part of the journey to a green, smart and flexible energy system? Then you may find the role as a Consultant / Senior Consultant - Energy Strategy Advisory (ESA) in DNV to be a great next step in your career.
Energy Strategy Advisory (ESA):
ESA combines deep expertise of renewable energy technologies, gas and electricity networks, energy markets, and business models to advise stakeholders in the energy transition. Clients span the full energy value chain and include manufacturers, utilities, investors, regulators and governments. Services involve techno-economic assessment, research and innovation, strategy and management consulting, as well as policy and regulatory advice.
Typical clients will vary and include utilities across the energy supply chain, financiers, regulators and government. This role will focus on techno-economic, strategic and regulatory advice to Energy Networks, such as National Grid ESO, TOs and DNOs, but also networks in other jurisdictions. You will help our customers understand and overcome strategic and regulatory challenges, assess the technical and commercial viability of innovative technologies/solutions and business models, and manage the risks around investment propositions. Specific topics would include, among others, “whole systems” network/system operation, investment planning, DNO-to-DSO, flexibility mechanisms, renewables integration, and enabling hydrogen.
You will be responsible for the acquisition, execution and management of projects as well as building and managing client relationships. The primary market is UK & Ireland, but the successful candidate is encouraged to actively collaborate with other regions to (1) develop and deliver opportunities further afield and (2) engage DNV SMEs to support the delivery of UK&I projects.
- Take a leading role as an expert on the changing role of energy networks in delivering the energy transition.
- Advise clients on projects about network operation, transformation, strategy and economic regulation.
- Lead workshops: support customers to define their decarbonisation strategy.
- Write high quality reports and presentations to a publishable standard for customers.
- Have knowledge about relevant national legislation, regulations and industry guidelines.
- Selling new projects to grow business.
- Grow your own network to connect with potential clients.
- Build strong relationship with existing and new customers.
- Identify market opportunities and develop services based on these market needs.
- Prepare high quality proposals.
- An Academic degree in a relevant discipline.
- Significant prior experience advising energy networks on strategic and/or regulatory matters – or prior experience working at a network business in a relevant role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages will be considered a plus.
- Strong skills and capabilities to act as a consultant, and ability to engage credibly with senior stakeholders at network businesses.
- An established and growing network of relevant customers and senior industry contacts.
- Understanding of the technical consequences of a business decision as well as the business consequences of a technical decision.
- Ability to handle complex (technical) problems and be able to deal with multiple parties with conflicting interests.