4 months ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate leadership ability and provide direction to peers and lower level engineers.
- Mentor lower level engineers and willingness to transfer knowhow
- Assist and work with the Manager, Team Leader and peers on daily work assignments to achieve required results.
- Prepare performance estimates based on various tools and software applications
- Combustion turbine (GT), heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), and steam turbine (ST) equipment performance estimates.
- Power train (GT+HRSG+ST) and combined cycle (CC) power plant performance estimates.
- Develop combustion turbine and combined cycle stack emissions estimates.
- Develop technical documentation as requested by the customers or as needed to prepare a technical proposal submittal.
- Perform technical analyses and produce detailed, concise, analytical reports.
- Support MHPSA commercial operations, sales and marketing functions with technical information as needed.
- Generate ideas for product development.
- Proactively improve tools, processes and procedures of the Applications Engineering team.
- Follow company work instructions, guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of technical proposals
- Review request for proposals and identify the requirements related to performance.
- Contribute in the development of a proposal strategy, in coordination with the commercial operations department, the sales department and the Applications Engineering Managers and Director.
- Lead the preparation of the proposal performance and performance guarantees, and ensure its timely and complete submittal.
- Ensure that all management reviews are properly performed and keep Manager and Director abreast of the activities.
- Communicate closely with the commercial operations team to ensure that the technical and commercial proposals are aligned.
- Participate in technical bid clarification and contract negotiations as a Subject Matter Expert
- Prepare technical papers for publications in professional societies and other public forums.
- Actively participate in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are emphasized.
- Willing and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, and report all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Travel 5% - 10%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Mechanical, Fluids or Thermal Engineering from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years experience. Applicable experience means that the individual must have experience in combined cycle performance modelling using commercially available software, such as Thermoflow, GateCycle, or Ebsilon, and have a thorough understanding of all aspects of combined cycle performance.