£80k - £120k plus bonus opportunity
3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity with a leading financier of energy efficiency and renewable energy generation assets. As one of the most innovative and widely recognised businesses in the sector across Europe, this role offers a fine opportunity for someone experienced in renewable energy purchase contracts to leverage existing contacts to maximise value creation.
The position is responsible for initiating structured contracts involving distributed renewable generation and storage. This is a permanent senior position reporting to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will:
- Identify and develop potentially profitable opportunities within the Industrial and Commercial space and subsequently manage these relationships effectively.
- Successfully secure management approval new proposals and agreements.
- Be comfortable inter-acting and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders and other departments and regions where necessary
- Be able to specify and understand analysis provided by the colleagues so that conclusions can be drawn
- Manage stakeholders in Legal, Finance, Risk, Tax, Regulation and Business Sales to ensure deals that meet required regulation and mitigate relevant risks.
- Provide responsive solutions to our clients’ requirements.
- Be able to produce concise and persuasive reports and presentations being creative with solutions.
- Be able to articulate proposals efficiently in a manner that engages the audience
- Demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will be highly experience and well connected within the energy generation sector and will have an outstanding network of contacts. It is expected that the applicant will:
- Strong academic record, with a technical degree (financial, numerical, or engineering) - preferably with a masters.
- Commercial acumen with proven experience in a similar role within the Energy industry having multiple years experience working with power purchasing agreements – ideally where solar PV has the generating technology.
- Preferably have experience in power asset operation and optimisation. Have clear understanding of this in relation to energy purchase and sales contracts in environmental products.
- Be motivated, numerate and commercially driven.
- Have experience of commercial negotiations and demonstrate strong capability
- Able to work effectively across the business unit and external stakeholders with strong communication, influencing and presentational skills
- Customer focused and action orientated to fulfil client demands.
- Process driven
- Knowledge of low carbon markets, instruments (ROC, REGO, fuel labelling), legal and regulatory requirements, products, pricing and competition.
- Time management skills.
- Understand energy trading
- Understanding of the commercial benefits of sustainability, environmental care and energy efficiency.