The Green Recruitment Company are working with an established consultancy in the North West of England to hire a Senior Energy Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Energy and Sustainability space, and will work with the senior management team on auditing, consulting on and implementing improvements to client operations to help them towards net zero and embrace the circular economy.
- Help shape strategy for the services delivered to ensure that we remain at the forefront of the sustainability industry.
- Further enhance existing very strong client relationships and promote / develop new and existing services to clients.
- Responsible for delivery of energy / sustainability audits / assessments, ethical audits (SMETA), SECR, ESOS and associated ESG reporting.
- Coordination of frameworks, bids and sub-contractors.
- Develop detailed Option Appraisals and Feasibility Studies with clients.
- Foster an environment of innovation, customer service and continuous improvement.
Good working knowledge and the ability to carry out design and development of the following:
- Mechanical Services CIBSE Guides and Standards and H&S / CDM regulations.
- Electrical Services NICEIC/ECA and current BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations.
- Understanding of optimisation and digitalisation, and smart technologies around building sustainability.
- Knowledge of WELL, SECR, TR19 and SMETA.
- Understanding of Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Use of Design Builder, IES, iSBEM or other thermal modelling software / simulation tools would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of carbon foot printing and life cycle analysis.Willingness to keep abreast with developments in compliance and technology.
- Enjoys developing new concepts in collaborative environment.
- Working with carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060.
- Experience of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis.
- High level of commitment and an independent, conceptual working style.
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and develop solutions.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel/flexibility to work on international projects.
- Qualified to degree level in mechanical engineering or equivalent technical background.
- Hold a Masters or advanced Professional qualification in M&E design consulting / Sustainability Consulting (e.g. CEng, CEnv).
- Qualified BREEAM / LEED, ESOS, EPC(L5), TM44 Assessor.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in the fields of design and consulting in the field of Building Services Engineering and/or environmental sustainability.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, send over your CV to: