about 1 year ago
This is a rare opportunity for a commercially minded Project Management Office (PMO) Manager to join a global renewable energy investment fund and IPP who operate across 16 different countries. You will support the Project Managers during the development and construction and commissioning phases of wind and solar projects while ensuring areas of governance, reporting and project management are managed meticulously.
With responsibility for project governance, planning and delivery, this role will ensure all current and future projects are delivered within a well-structured project environment, with risks, budgets and timescales managed. The PMO Manager will be accountable for the definition, implementation and maintenance of the Project Handbook. The PMO Manager will be accountable of alignment between Operations and the overall Company PMO Strategy, ensuring PMO standards, tools and methodologies set at Corporate level are implemented within Projects.
- Take the lead on project governance ensuring project compliance with project management model.
- Develop and update the Project Management Methodology and Practices to suit the Pre-Construction and Construction functions considering current practices and leading industry standards together with recently collated improvements.
- Develop and maintain a handbook of processes and procedures for project Development and Construction & associated documentation (Project Handbook).
- Ensure document standards and processes are being applied in projects and support the Project Teams in order to guarantee the implementation of the procedure and best practices.
- Define the required Project standardization, governance and controls in collaboration with all central and internal teams that are involved.
- Support preparation of periodic reports to monitor and control the activities related to completion of different projects.
- Identify jointly with the Project Managers areas of continuous improvement in the business, define improvement Projects, and support their execution.
- Collect and share all the feedback and lessons learned from project teams and other functions within the Company, locally and worldwide.
- Ensure that a project-specific lessons learnt process is being adhered to, and lessons learned are being identified and documented.
- Provide support & project-specific guidance to project functions (e.g. HSE, risk, etc.)
- Extensive professional experience in project management.
- Experience in the Energy industry (preferably renewable).
- Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent.
- Excellent Project management skills and knowledge.
- Hold a Project Management or related qualification.
- Excellent Continuous Improvement methodology, skills and knowledge. Hold a Continuous Improvement qualification, at least Green Belt level.
- Work collaboratively and have strong and relationship management skills.
- Have a well-rounded commercial and economic awareness.
- Be able to lead by example, with a strong sense of integrity and business ethics.
- Fluent in English with the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Proactive and pragmatic with a positive attitude and can-do approach.
- Enthusiastic and able to take ownership of problems and provide solutions.
- Team builder with an open and proactive approach to sharing of information and creating knowledge for the group.
- Other languages, especially Spanish, would be advantageous.