Senior Legal Counsel - Renewables & Infrastructure
6 months ago
You will provide support to the Head of Legal within a leading Renewable Energy Business.
It is essential that you are comfortable working in a small to medium sized commercial environment. You will ideally have experience of working in the energy or Infrastructure departments of a law firm or in-house in a renewable energy company.
- Able to practice in the England & Wales
- A very minimum of 3yrs post-qualification experience (ideal canidadate 5-7yr PQE)
- Have trained at a reputable law firm or within an in house team which operates in the energy or infrastructure sectors
- In house experience within a Publicly Listed Company would is desirable but not essential.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Help structure transactions and draft or review transactional documents ranging from the simple to sophisticated and complex;
- Work closely with commercial managers to draft and negotiate engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements and annexes, operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements, asset management agreements (PPAs), ICP and supply agreements for energy storage projects
- Manage and support the Head of Legal and outside counsel to structure and negotiate asset purchases
- Work closely with risk and compliance officer to provide compliance and legal training in-line with policies and develop and implement improvements to compliance policies
- Appreciation not just of the legal issues but also the underlying commercial objectives
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey legal advice in a succinct and actionable format.
- An ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Superb interpersonal skills; team oriented and collaborative;
- Ability to work independently;