Competitive Salary (DOE)
5 months ago
My client is an established end to end owner and operator of a host of renewables projects across the Australian East Coast. As senior legal counsel your role will be to spearhead legal initiatives while exercising a leadership mandate within the business to drive successful project outcomes. The Senior Legal Counsel role will provide expert in house legal advisory to my client as well as ensure the Company's corporate governance functions are managed effectively.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, amending and advising on a variety of legal documents;
- Negotiating the terms and conditions of various contracts which may include EPC/O&M, land, grid connection, PPA, sales/purchase, finance or any other relevant documentation;
- Drafting corporate authorisations/company documents;
- Assisting with contracts administration and advising the internal Contracts Administrator and Construction/Asset Manager on contractual analysis;
- Maintaining proper corporate records;
- Filing of documents with relevant authorities, such as ASIC;
- Being involved in risk management and corporate responsibility matters;
- Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of compliance policies, processes and procedures;
- Drafting and revise company policies;
- Proactively auditing processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified lawyer, admitted to practice law in Australia. Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar or equivalent role.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Top tier/mid-tier law firm experience.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, willingness to learn and someone who is resilient.
- Strong experience in negotiating O&M/EPC, grid connection agreements.
- Experience in the renewable energy/infrastructure space is strongly desired.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.