Salary Available Upon Request
3 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading IPP developing, constructing and operating solar PV projects internationally. Due to their successesthey are looking to hire a number of engineering vacancies in their South African office.
To manage, coordinate and lead all tasks and design activities towards delivering technical compliant MV and HV interconnection projects. He/She will support the development and operations of projects through technical assessments/investigations, due diligence studies and designs.
- Using PowerFactory DigSilent, implement preliminary plant and utility grid simulation models to estimate, amongst others, the size of compensation equipment like STATCOMs/Cap Banks or SVCs.
- Ensure detailed engineering is implemented from the design stage
- Review and approve design change request or proposals in the event of deviations
- Support Execution Team with planning and alignment of technical aspects of the project
- Develop and establish the technical base case and specifications of the project related to its interconnection works.
- Manage, coordinate and compile the complete system design package for interconnection works. Detail design will be mostly outsourced, but the party to which it is out sourced needs to be managed.
- Draft and/or approve technical schedules for various contracts (PPA, (S)-EPC, O&M, etc.) related to the interconnection works.
- Support Execution Team with planning and alignment of technical aspects of the project.
- Manage, coordinate and review the detailed engineering design package / process for the interconnection works.
- Ensure that all relevant design information identified throughout the structuring phase is implemented in the detailed designs that will be issued for construction.
- Support in stakeholder engagements (utility, LTA, suppliers, contractors, etc.) to establish requirements, resolve matters critical to reaching Financial Close
- As required – compile PowerFactory DigSilent models to evaluate solutions w.r.t. Grid Code Compliance.
- Conduct detailed due diligence and investigations to conclude on technology selections where relevant for interconnection works.
- Support Supply Chain Management on compilation and evaluation of RFP documents and supplier responses
- Review and evaluate technical documentation and contracts (PPA, Grid Code, Connection Agreement, etc.) to establish technical requirements to be implemented in the interconnection solutions.
- Ensure the interconnection facilities are constructed correctly as per the designed.
- Review and approve design change request or proposals in the event of deviations from the Issued for Construction designs
- Assist in establishing and evaluating quality expectations and documentation during construction
- Conduct site visits to monitor and ensure design expectations are implemented
- Support and drive testing and commissioning activities towards Plant Energization and Commercial Operation Date
- Support in project close out phase
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
An excellent knowledge of the entire MS Office Suite
5+ years electrical engineering experience
2+ years project environment experience
3+ years distribution and reticulation design experience
Project Management Certificate
Master’s degree in Engineering
Further training in sub-station design
PowerFactory DigSilent Training
Experience in AutoCAD
Experience in Utility Scale PV Project design and execution