about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a European energy supplier who are growing their team in Porto, Portugal.
The successful applicant will have direct oversight of all financial activities for the subsidiary and assist in the consolidation of reports from other entities, as well as managing a team of junior accountants as the function grows.
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Coordination of closing deadlines and team management
- Engage in financial reporting activities by overseeing junior fp&a team
- Supervision and check of tax flows and related deadlines, as well as some interface with tax authorities
- Monitoring budgets and preparing reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage the quarterly audit process
- Monitoring and reporting on company capital, cash flows and treasury output
- Assist in the consolidation of european reports as the function becomes more centralised - including monitoring activity to IFRS standards.
- Leading on ad-hoc and value-added projects
- Five years+ in a similar controller or finance management role in a renewable or infrastructure setting
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Strong undering of IFRS and European GAAP reporting standards
- Resourceful, adaptive and hands-on mentality required as the accounting team continues to grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills