9 days ago
My client has recently opened an office in Ireland (based in Midleton, Cork). Ultimately, the Irish office will seek to deliver all of the same services as in the UK, but in the 1st instance we are seeing a large number of opportunities in freshwater and terrestrial ecology and environment work, requiring EIA and AA survey work, water quality sampling, macroinvertebrate, macrophyte and fish surveys, WFD assessments, invasive species and a range of other work throughout the island of Ireland.
The purpose of the Senior Field Scientist role is to ensure that Ireland is able to undertake its own field work within required timescales and budgets, as well as subsequent data analysis, interpretation and report writing.
· Preferably a Master’s Degree, minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree, in an environmental or ecological subject
· Clean, full driving licence
· Willing and able to spend time away from home (travel to and from sites with overnight stays COVID permitting)
· Ability to swim
· Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Field survey and sampling skills
· Field identification skills for at least one of marine/terrestrial birds or mammals, plants (terrestrial or aquatic), invertebrates (terrestrial or aquatic) or marine/freshwater fish
· Flexible, adaptable and punctual
· Member of a chartered institution and considering chartered status