Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 month ago
Senior Engineer - Energy Projects
A Leading Multi-National Engineering Design Consultancy are looking for a Senior Engineer to for their Energy Projects team. You would be involved in leading and developing the design of energy generation and distribution systems through various stages of the project lifecycle from energy strategy and feasibility through to site completion, assess feasibility of medium to large scale energy systems, such as large steam or hot water boilers, heat distribution networks, controls, plant-rooms, thermal storage & fuel storage etc and integrate energy generation into building developments.
• Leading multidisciplinary teams in Energy Engineering projects. Responsible for leading the interface with the client, project team and other stakeholders;
• Creating high quality, persuasive proposals to support in winning work for the team;
• Supporting with design and delivery of on-site electricity generation and distribution systems;
• Commercially evaluating different energy systems;
• Producing high quality reports in clear English;
• Leading and assisting with the production of drawings and specifications;
• Surveying and evaluating existing buildings and energy systems;
• Keeping up to date with developments in the energy sector;
• Coordinating work with Engineers of other disciplines.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Experience in leading and supporting with the design of energy generation and distribution systems through all stages of a project from energy strategy and feasibility through to site completion.
• A Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Energy Engineering, ideally to Masters level.
• Have a commercial awareness and an interest in economics as well as engineering.
• Have experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Have a proven understanding of: building integrated and utility scale renewables; building energy performance and efficiency standards; regulatory drivers of energy and carbon efficiency.
• Be familiar with and capable to undertake design of energy centres, distribution systems including hot water, steam and chilled water.
• Have knowledge of IES and/or TAS energy modelling
In addition to make a significant impact you will be joining a diverse bunch of incredibly talented individuals, each on a unique career development journey. We think an inclusive working environment is a great place to evolve.