4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working in partnership with a leading renewable energy company who design, finance and build off-grid systems in emerging markets.
Off-Grid Development Engineer with a focus on design, development and implementation of Mini-grid projects. The role includes:
- Design of standardized and customized modular off-grid electricity systems (PV-battery, PV-battery-diesel, and diesel-PV hybrid) with a focus on rural, off-grid applications
- Detailed design and cost breakdown of power generation and distribution systems
- Providing support with tenders, quote evaluation, contractor management during the cost analysis and the installation and commissioning phases.
- Selecting and developing the subsystems including the monitoring and metering systems
- Providing engineering support to local operations team(s), in particular with respect to O&M processes for installed systems and monitoring of the performances
- University degree in engineering OR Off Grid specialised Electrician
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Use of the main software tools, including Homer, PVsyst, Autocad, Metering and monitoring software packages
- Capability of electric calculations and technical knowledge in energy systems, preferably involving solar PV, batteries & diesel
- Hands-on experience with electrical power systems or similar technical field required
- Experience managing contractors and working with external parties
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Fluent in English, in speech and writing
- French and/or Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa would be preferred.