about 1 month ago
Senior Project Engineer, Electrical - Solar
Location: Remote (Frequent travel required in New York State area)
TGRC is partnering with a leading independent power producer specializing in development, ownership, and management of renewable power facilities across North America, with a pipeline of close to 10 GW of generating capacity. This rapidly growing IPP is based in decades of development and operating experience and has already completed the construction of 1.8 GW of wind, solar, and energy storage facilities. This position will be responsible for managing and supporting the technical efforts associated with design and implementation of the infrastructure and integration of newly built utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants. Focusing on a portfolio of solar projects in the state of New York, the Senior Project Engineer will provide technical input, evaluations, calculations, and analysis for solar plant structural, electrical, control, and protection systems. The ideal candidate will visit company renewable energy projects in development across North America, providing technical support in the form of electrical engineering expertise. Coordination of work with development, pre-construction, construction, and operations stakeholders is a crucial function of this role.
What You Will Need
- 4+ years of relevant experience with electrical, protection, and/or controls design and engineering. Project engineering experience is preferred.
- Degree in electrical engineering.
- Problem solving, teamwork, and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate power system performance within design boundaries.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts.
- Familiarity with electrical design processes and related computer software: ETAP or similar at a minimum; familiarity with use of PSSE/PSLF a bonus.
- RRSP/401k matching.
- Paid vacation & personal days.
- 100% company paid benefits.
- Supportive collaborative environment.
- Career growth and development.
- Yearly performance reviews / bonus program.