My client is a world-reowned Design Consultancy who help to shape a better world.
Their Belfast Building Engineering team do just that, through working on a large variety of revolutionary projects in a wide range of sectors in the UK and internationally. This includes laboratories, hospitals and healthcare facilities, data centres, specific energy and commercial projects, educational and custodial projects. their portfolio of recent projects includes numerous projects at Altnagelvin Hospital and other healthcare facilities, data centre projects in Europe and local commercial, education and sports facilities.
My clients are looking for an enthusiastic engineer with excellent modelling, design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results. You will be chartered with solid or extensive experience in the field of Building Services Engineering, with a heavy focus on expert use of analysis software and digital design tools in the built environment. You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skill.
- Undertaking electrical design elements for projects of varying scales.
- Working closely with Architects/Clients and other design engineers
- Managing the production of drawings. Preparing and co-ordinating electrical reports and specifications
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
Up to date knowledge and experience in some of the following areas
- Large Power (11Kv) Distribution Systems
- Electrical Building Load Assessments
- Standby Generation and UPS
- Fire/Voice Alarm and Security Systems
- Data Centres and Financial Services Establishments
- Health Care
- Lighting Design (internal and external)
- Combined Heat and Power Plant.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer status
- Extensive experience in the field of electrical design and experience across a range of small/medium to large scale projects and / or building types
- Be able to design and deliver electrical engineering solutions on major and/or complex projects
- Experience of leading electrical teams on multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of current regulations, best practice and emerging technology
- Experienced in sustainable building design and in satisfying the regulatory and voluntary codes associated with sustainability and energy strategy, including a strong interest in Net Zero Carbon design
- Demonstrable enthusiasm in driving a Digital transformation in the design process, including automation via software such as Revit to deliver organisational value, as well as utilising visualisation tools to communicate engineering concepts
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- A good understanding of industry software packages such as Excel, IES/TAS and Revit
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges