10 months ago
The Client: is a globally leading consultancy specializing in sustainability and solutions contributing services to clients in various business sectors. The engineering team supports both the business and their clients through their expertise and consultancy, and in shaping and seeing through the delivery of services projects.
They continue to show large growth, and have made progress through major project work developing carbon and energy reduction programmes for various clients including large global businesses up to design and implementation of: -
- PV systems overseas and in the UK.
- Energy Centre and heat network strategy, design and implementation consultancy across the UK – including broader electrical and heating infrastructure and assimilating CHP and heat pump systems into them.
- Lighting – LED lighting for a large local authority building and a multi-site LED roll-out project for a retailer.
- Heating – concentrating on renewable heat for both commercial and local authority clients.
Job Purpose: This is an extensive, senior role where you will undertake a variety of technical engineering consulting projects, including, systems for commercial businesses, distributed heat networks and housing developments. This encompasses infrastructure analysis and energy demand, renewable energy generation, and low carbon energy strategies. The role will give you the ability to showcase skills in areas such as design, project management, client management, developing new propositions, supporting construction and operations plus strategic input to the rapid growth to a reputable team.
- Undertake site electrical infrastructure surveys, tests, reports on existing Electrical systems performance and services installations.
- Electrical design, with focus on energy efficiency and electrical generation and storage.
- Take ownership for the technical delivery of outline and thorough electrical (and ICA) design, fixing schedules, drawings and specifications and assisting with project delivery including support for the full project lifecycle, working hand in hand with the projects and contracts team to provide installation and commissioning support
- Production of electrical schematics, preparation of construction drawings, LV/HV distribution system design and Instrumentation and equipment specification, switchgear sizing
- Take responsibility for accomplishing appropriate quality standards including technical checking of work
- Acting as Client’s Engineer or Client’s Project Manager to ensure top value is attained from contractors. Advising clients on options, risks and mitigation.
- Co-operation with electrical supply authorities
- Peer review and approval of colleagues’ work.
- Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates. Distributing projects on time and on budget to high customer satisfaction
- Manage various client relationships, communicate with clients to determine their requirements, assist clients with continuing enquires.
- Manage relationships into important industry bodies such as, ADE, CIBSE, GLA, BEIS and the REA
- Develop strategic partnerships with other businesses and organisations that enhance the efficiency of the work they deliver
- Accomplishing profitability within projects. Following costs, managing and forecasting spend. Resource Management. Invoice Management.
- Providing technical sales support to Sales colleagues ensuring proposals are appropriately scoped and priced.
- Support the development of new propositions, identifying market needs and subsequent opportunities. Spotting innovations and making the business case for pursuing them.
- Supporting the development of IP and systems that enhance the quality and efficiency of our client work
- With anticipated growth, the role has the potential to develop leading a team of electrical engineers and responsibility in mentoring less experienced staff.
Relevant experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar client-facing role in the energy and wider building services/energy efficiency industry.
- Experience of working in decentralised energy/district heating.
- Have experience of delivering H&S by design, compliance to CDM regulations, Ex standard, ATEX compliance
- Expertise in generation technologies and renewable or low carbon heat/power sources including PV, batteries, CHP, BMS and controls.
- Able to design the range of building electrical services, particularly power distribution (including cable sizing and protection studies) and lighting systems.
- Knowledge of building services within commercial and public sector operations
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations and understanding the UK IET regulations (BS7671)
- Monitoring of installation works on site, particularly meeting technical compliance and Site H&S matters including CDM2015.
- Strong technical skills including applying engineering first principles.
- Client and stakeholder management (internal and external), interpersonal and communication skills, managing client’s expectations, promoting excellent working relationships.
- Negotiation and persuasion to support Sales colleagues through both account management and successful tender submissions.
- Project management techniques to deliver technical, multi-stakeholder projects on time and on budget.
- Industry standard design and calculation software e.g. AutoCAD, Amtech, HevaComp, Dialux
- Advance excel skills. spreadsheet manipulation, complex calculations and production of graphics.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite
- Good level of commercial awareness
Qualifications/education level required:
- Degree in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or to be proactively working towards chartered status with a relevant body.
Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Instrumentation Control and Automation (ICA) Engineering
- Managing third party contractors.
- Microsoft Project Experience
- Knowledge of HV systems (RMU’s, transformers, generation)
- As the role includes travel, visiting clients across the UK and on occasions overseas, and keeping in contact with internationally based clients there is a requirement to be flexible around hours of working.
- Full UK driving licence