11 days ago
This is a unique opportunity to join a successfull international renewable energy developer, operator and EPC with core interests in Solar PV. They are currently developing a 1.8 GW portfolio across Europe and The United States. The position is for a Senior Director to join the Management team with a focus on Project Execution, Construction Activity, Supply Chain and Procurement as well as Investor reporting and advisory for EPC services.
- Ensure that EPC Contractor's comply with the construction related provisions of the Agreement;
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the Contractor’s compliance with the Project Agreement, Technical Requirements, the QA/QC Plan, and any legal or regulatory requirements and approved policies, procedures and plans – liaise with the Quality Manager for this;
- Monitor construction progress against the schedule to ensure Project delivery on time;
- Arrange regular meetings with the Client, the Contractor and other relevant parties to review, inter alia, construction progress, construction issues and QA/QC performance;
- Identify and report issues with a potential Maintenance and/or Rehabilitation impact early and take the lead to find mutually acceptable solutions on a timely basis;
- Ensure compliance with the construction related performance requirements and monitor construction related noncompliance points and instances; Manage and organize the engineering and technical team.
- Ensure client expectations are managed in line with contract provisions, to include any requirements of the Project Agreement and Project Documents;
- Hold regular meetings with Project Managers, Construction Managers, Quality Manager and EPC Contractor to review process issues, performance and workmanship.
- Work with the management team to develop a strategy and process to properly execute the Project Agreement, to have a quality project delivered on time and to manage the short and long term risks of the shareholders
- Review/analyze reports provided by contractors and prepare a variety of correspondence, presentation and reports to the Management Team, the Client, and the Lenders
- Provide input to the Project Risk Register and update as appropriate; ensure proper mitigation and monitoring of the project risk
- Provide input into monthly reports for presentation to the Board, covering key construction and QA/QC issues and provide timely and accurate information and reports to the management team and shareholders
- Advise Lenders as and Owners Engineer on a variety of technical issues as well as EPC services.
- Construction, Operational or Procurement and Logistics background.
- Minimum of 10 years in a related field but ideally Renewable Energy with at least 4 years in Solar PV.
- Individual's must possess high level and polished reporting skills and stake holder management capability.
- Ability to assess Techno-Economic variables and their impact
- Able to live and work in North Carolina (exact location disclosed after initial conversations)