$150000 - $200000
over 1 year ago
TGRC are representing a successful Renewable Energy Developer and Operator. Our cliuent have a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. The Company has financed or developed over $2 billion (more than 850 megawatts) of solar energy assets to date.This position will work directly with the project finance and trading teams and the CEO to help cultivate business development opportunities in key states and to defend business interests through policy advocacy and lobbying. The position is ideal for someone with regulatory experience that’s looking to join a growing company, work in an entrepreneurial environment, impact solar energy project development, expand into new environmental & energy commodities markets, and commit to an organization dedicated to financing and developing clean energy infrastructure.
- External Policy Advocacy – Maintain, enhance, and build awareness for strategic initiatives that will help business.
- Assist in the development, coordination, implementation, and management of policy strategies at the legislative and regulatory level for each business function.
- Participate and engage in rule making and regulatory proceedings through event attendance, coalition building, educational toolkits, the submission of written and oral public testimony, and the arrangement of meetings with key political figures to advocate on behalf of business interestes.
- Relationship Management – Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with legislative offices, lobbyists, peer-company regulatory affairs professionals, industry associations, environmental groups, and anyone else critical to the policy-making process.
- Regulatory Coverage – Find and retain the best lobbyists and consultants for our needs, and work with them to obtain high quality market intelligence and outcomes that advance business and the solar industry’s strategic interests.
- Help inform business development decisions through on-the-ground regulatory research.
- Extend and maintain our ability to see pending legislative and regulatory changes in a timely manner and to put them in context.
- Regulatory Analysis – Quantify risks and impacts of proposed or pending regulatory actions and advise and communicate with internal team leaders as needed.
- Assemble analysis into timely, concise, clear, accurate, and well-written reports.
- Constantly improve communication and collaboration tools to improve information dissemination.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience in a Government Affairs role or in a legislative or regulatory agency staff position; experience analyzing markets or projects a plus
- Juris Doctor or a Master’s Degree in a policy, environmental, or business field
- A deep understanding of competitive market policies and a strong interest in advancing open, tradable, and competitive market-based solutions for both energy and environmental commodities
- Strong interest in infrastructure finance, commodity trading, and renewable energy markets
- Ability to connect how policy initiatives impact market fundamentals and project finance economics
- Ability to perform and understand regulatory analysis – finding the “bottom line” for business teams and making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to understand, evaluate, write, and recommend language revisions to legislation or regulations that the business or its affiliates are tied to
- Ability to review and analyze policy updates and information quickly and provide written analysis or graphic summaries
- Energized by a high-standards work product environment
- Desire to join and work for a fast-paced business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Talent for time management and attention to detail, especially for externally prepared materials
- Highly organized individual with a strong work ethic
- Strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Advanced skill sets a plus
- Three-year commitment to the role with opportunities for promotions and expansion of scope along the way