5 months ago
A leading renewable energy developer are seeking a Senior Development Manager to be part of an accomplished development team in Victoria.
As Senior Development Manager you will have responsibility for an Australian portfolio of renewable energy projects throughout the early stages of development including the planning stages. You will also be responsible for the mentoring of a small renewable energy project development team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced planner to take a leadership role across a number of exciting projects for a true leader in the renewable space in Australia.
Requirements from You:
- Manage the portfolio of existing wind and solar projects with responsibility for achieving project milestones on schedule
- Oversee the day to day development of the projects including establishing priorities and coordinating and managing staff
- Mentor, coach and develop the project development team
- Responsibility for project quality control including the quality of external project development documents
- Oversee the evolution and finalisation of project designs
- Oversee the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies and plans
- Responsibility for the establishment of land tenure at project sites and for compliance with completed land tenure agreements.
- Oversee the development and management of project plans, schedules, budgets and risk assessments
- Oversee the selection, engagement and management of third-party consultants
- Oversee the preparation, lodgement and follow up of connection enquiries and the scoping and management of grid connection studies
- Provide input to project marketing to investors including the packaging up of projects
- Contribute to the review and update of company policies and process
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Planning background with experience of the Victoria planning scheme and the EES process
- Experience with the early stage planning and development of renewable projects in Australia
- Direct experience with preparation and finalisation of high quality planning documents for lodgement with the responsible authority
- Experience with planning wind energy projects desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and well with other senior managers and staff as well as project stakeholders including landowners and planning authorities
- Ability to manage/mentor staff