£40,000 - £60,000 - Depending on experience
9 months ago
Our client, a leading district heating design, build and operate company are seeking a highly flexible Senior Design Engineer in Building Services or Electrical Engineering to assist in the design, project management and procurement activities of the business.
The post will be based in London, Bristol, Manchester or Oxford, with the candidate expected to work primarily from the Head Office in Central London and at active construction sites.
The compact nature of the business means that the candidate has significant opportunity to develop their career in a technically astute environment, with exposure premium clients nationwide.
Our client are looking to develop a team of engineers for which a Senior Design Engineer will be required eventually to manage. It is anticipated, therefore, that the candidate would be seeking to achieve above Senior Design Engineer status and have the ability to manage junior staff.
Include assisting in;
- The design and implementation of medium to large scale energy systems - from an electrically biased standpoint.
- Project management of renewable energy & building services.
- The design and delivery of on-site power generation and distribution systems, including selection of prime movers and plant sizing
- The integration of thermal and electrical energy generation into building developments.
- The production of high quality reports and presentations, including design feasibility studies.
- The production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Surveying and evaluating existing buildings and energy systems.
- Keeping abreast with developments in the energy sector.
- Coordinating the work of others and coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Client and external team liaison.
- The development of proposals for tender
- Producing viability and feasibility reports of energy systems
Our client are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer with excellent design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional teams, assisting in all aspects of the delivery of projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will be a Graduate engineer of at least 5 years standing with a keen interest in the field of Energy Engineering Systems for domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Highly numerate and with a comprehensive understanding of heat transfer, fluid mechanics and fluid hydraulics.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Building Services or Energy Engineering.
- 4-5+ years post graduate experience in relevant fields of design engineering
- Ideally experience of energy centre services design, such as district heating, CHP and renewables
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Experience in building integrated and utility scale energy systems, renewables and carbon efficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Be able to present and explain thought processes behind your own work
- Writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Competent in dealing with quantitative data and analysis
- Highly competent in AutoCAD, Solid Works or other compliant CAD software
- Competent in GIS software products