Flexible Depending on Experience
over 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a large, independent energy supplier in their expansion plans. The business is part of a global group and has sustained continuous growth over the last ten years. They are expanding into new markets and enhancing their customer base that has naturally seen a growth in headcount. They specialize in supplying energy to businesses of all sizes, being one of the largest in the b2b space in the UK. They put the customer at the forefront of their operations, which sees them challenge, develop and invest in their staff whilst continuing to grow and build a European retail organization. They need people with ambition, a passion to succeed and a creative drive to bring innovation to the energy space.
The firm holds their values at the core of everything that they do. They have a consultative approach to their customers, understand the requirements and challenges at hand and identify how they can add value. A passion for excellence, growth and learning they are committed to making hires for individuals that are looking for a long-term career. They encourage new ideas in how they do business and this role will have influence on the division for years to come.
This position is responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities.
As Senior Credit Risk Analyst you'll be responsible for reviewing the risk processes and the credit quality within the portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to optimise risk, whilst ensuring overall business and market objectives are met.
You will have a wide remit and will cover aspects of underwriting, portfolio management, alongside commercial insight, presentations and stakeholder management.
- Understanding, questioning and developing of Key Credit Risk Measures (CVaR, Portfolio Reporting, MtM, Expected loss, KPI reporting) including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- Regular review of the Credit policy – proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- To produce robust analysis and regular reports to support credit risk oversight ensuring the organisation remains within its stated risk appetite and enable effective credit risk management.
- Provision of insight and analysis of key market trends, active participation in risk discussions.
- Review and challenge the calculation and reporting of the credit risk position.
- Create MI and credit risk strategy information for current and new portfolios.
- To constantly monitor the credit risk environment and macro-economic trends, provide updates to the Credit Dept and other senior stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk on a portfolio level, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure data and assumptions are valid and sound credit opinion are communicated to stakeholders in a convincing, understandable and concise manner.
- Participate in meetings with Sales Department and the customers directly, in order to resolve issues and identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes. This includes driving the development of credit automation workflow through system improvement to ensure increased automation
- Managing complex projects related to credit risk and requiring coordination with other departments. Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Experience in producing detailed counterparty credit applications request, incorporating a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Review of proposed transactions and solving challenges using all available risk mitigation, documentation and analytical tools
- Monitor the credit limit review schedule for all counterparties to ensure the timely renewal of facilities.
- Ensure all credit applications and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to both credit rules and procedures.
- Mentoring and training of the junior credit risk analysts in the team.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject.
- 3-5 years working experience in the risk area.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (strong in Excel)
- Extensive analytical experience
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery.
- Excellent communication, organizational and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of credit risk management practices, including extensive experience in analyzing European based counterparties.
- Ability to produce accurate reports within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers and stakeholders across the organization